New & Changing
Open Enrollment for 2020 benefits has ended.
Here are a few things that are changing in 2020:
Employee monthly contributions
We’re making slight increases in employee contributions for the following coverages, starting January 1, 2020.
Employee contribution rates for the nationwide Aetna and Anthem medical plans will increase:
- $5 for employee only
- $10 for employee + one dependent
- $15 for family
There are no contribution changes to the regional medical plans – BCBS of WNY and Independent Health.
Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
New coverage rates are:
- Employee: $0.23/$10,000 of coverage
- Spouse: $0.21/$10,000 of coverage
HSA and FSA Limits
Save even more on your health care costs in 2020 with these new contribution limits:
- Health Savings Account (HSA): $3,550 for individuals; $7,100 for employee + 1/family.
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA): $2,700.
Benefit Features and Resources
At Oxy, we’re always looking for ways to make benefits work better for you. Take advantage of these features and resources we added in 2019 that can help you throughout the coming year:
- Telemedicine services. Aetna Teladoc and Anthem LiveHealth Online include routine medical and behavioral health visits with a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist.
- Group Legal Insurance. Enroll in this voluntary coverage during Open Enrollment or if you experience a qualifying “life event” during the year. This program gives you access to trusted and affordable resources to help with some of the most frequently needed personal legal matters.
- Enhanced MetLife website, makes it easy to manage benefits and claims for Group Universal Life, home and auto insurance.
- New Anthem mobile app. Anthem’s new app – Sydney – provides the same services you had with Anthem Anywhere, plus two new features: an innovative chat function and easy, quick access to your designated care team. Download the Sydney app from the app store to your mobile device.
Union employees: Refer to your collective bargaining agreement for eligibility information.
Coming in 2020 – New Well-Being Partner
We’re taking wellness to the next level! In 2020 we’re launching a new global well-being program powered by Virgin Pulse — a leading edge, digital platform to help you get active, eat better, build healthy habits and earn rewards.
Important: The Jiff platform will not be available after December 31, 2019. You and your spouse must redeem all remaining Jiff points before that date.
Watch for additional information coming soon about Virgin Pulse and the many programs and resources that can help you live well and work well.